Stafimy.com is a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021 and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021 and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per the Law No. 4904
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
The Senior Supply Officer works in close collaboration with the GOAL Logistics Teams in Syria and Turkey, the Procurement and Program Teams in Antakya. He/she will be under the supervision of the GOAL Supply Manager to efficiently organize the supply chain of humanitarian aid for GOAL Syria program.
Duties, objectives and competencies
Supply and Quality Control
- Ensure delivery of international supply for GOAL projects, communicate with suppliers, program team, procurement team, partner team, Syria team.
- Monitor with suppliers and supply chain team status and position of cargo during movement
- Prepare daily shipment report, update logs calendar,
- Ensuring TRC shipments are completed in required conditions
- To provide technical support to WH teams
- To monitor damage cases and follow up the replacement processes
- Arrange samples for third party laboratory analyses, check analyses result in case any problem inform line manager, get in contact with supplier and try to arrange another sample asap.
- After receive loading plan from suppliers arrange inspectors for third party inspection and be in contact with inspectors during all loadings, any problem inform line manager and try to recover problem not to be late for program.
- Liaise with M&E and Logs Team in Syria and check quality of kits and bakery items.
- Check batch numbers if analysed or not.
- Send feedback to related departments about supplier’s delivery conditions and processes
- Raise PR`s for analyses and inspection.
- Ensure that all of above is clearly documented in accordance with GOAL, donor and national guidelines and directives.
- Maintain both hard and soft copy filling systems for all above tasks.
- Instruct and supervise Freight Forwarding Agents, Loading and Quality control inspectors at loading and discharge ports and provide advice to the GOAL appointed agents at both field office level and the Country Offices.
- Proactively identify potential shipping bottlenecks and seek timely resolution
- Supervise the performance of GOAL shipping and inspection agents at loading ports and discharge points
- Participate in the annual performance review of all inspections agents and submit recommendations to Management.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of policy guidelines and operational directives and procedures in respect of land transport activity.
- Prepare and maintain statistical reports on shipping and Inspections standards
- Trace, track and expedite purchase processes in liaison with procurement officers
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories
- Maintain communication with warehouse staff to ensure proper working order
- Review bills, invoices and purchase orders
- Create packing lists and update shipment information in database.
- Any other duties as required by Supply Manager and Logistics Coordinator
- Tertiary diploma in relevant area (food engineering, veterinarian med, agricultural engineering, logistics, or administration) and/or equivalent year’s practical work experience in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as supply, quality control, logistics, office/business administration in private or government sectors.
- Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a dynamic work environment.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Trustworthy and honest.
- Ability to write, speak and work in English and Turkish.
- Previous work experience with an International Humanitarian NGO(not a must);
- Arabic language skills.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 22 September 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.”
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.