Stafimy.com operates under the SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti. as a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of the Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021, and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021, and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per Law No. 4904.
Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions. (for information about GIZ Turkey, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
The project Syria Peace Initiative (SPI) aims to support the implementation of United Nations (UN) Security Council Resolution 2254 to achieve an inclusive political transition in Syria. To this end, SPI uses multiple modalities of implementation, including the provision of grants to Syrian and international non-governmental organizations, contracting of experts as well as direct implementation through the SPI project team. Activities supported by the Initiative aim to target all levels/”tracks” of the Syrian peace process. The project, thus, seeks to provide an effective multi-stakeholder, multi-layered contribution to the Syrian peace process, while reinforcing cross-cutting issues such as women empowerment and conflict sensitivity.
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Advisor on a full-time contract to support the SPI Project in İstanbul.
The Advisor’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
The Advisor is responsible for
- Managing the design, planning, facilitation, monitoring, implementation, and reporting of grants and projects (focus on Track 2 and 3) along GIZ regulations and donor policies in a complex multi-stakeholder remote management context
- Suggesting innovative and tailored ideas for the management of multi-track projects to the Technical Team Lead based on a substantial and granular knowledge of dynamics of Syrian civil society (inside and diaspora), the UN-led political process and technical approaches to peacebuilding
- Liaising with international agencies, civil society actors, international organizations, and other actors relevant to the project in close coordination with supervisor and other team members
- Ensuring that the project’s work is in line with international good practice in dialogue, mediation, peace process support and peacebuilding
- Processing technical aspects and further develop the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards
- Maintaining of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ
- Ensuring best practices of Do-no-harm and context-sensitivity
- Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in Political Sciences, International Relations and/or an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, such as e.g. Law (equivalent to BA or MBA)
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience with GIZ structures and processes (project planning, ELVIS, donor dynamics)
- Proven experience in working on internationally coordinated/ UN-led peace processes of at least 2 years is crucial
- Demonstrated experience of working on peacebuilding and dialogue projects in a politically sensitive and complex security as well as remote management set-up
- Deep understanding and analysis skills with regard to legal and political structures and processes of internationally coordinated/ UN-led peace processes
- Substantial and granular knowledge of dynamics of Syrian civil society (inside and diaspora), the UN-led political process and technical approaches to peacebuilding
- Profound understanding of Track 2 and Track 3 as well as multi-track approaches and proven experience of at least 2 years of work with relevant entities and actors
- Experience in conflict analysis and stakeholder mapping; profound knowledge of the Syrian conflict necessary
- Strong capacity in grants management including planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting (along GIZ regulations)
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to understand and advise on the challenges that NGOs, CSOs might encounter in project implementation
- Proven experience in applying best practices of Do-No-Harm and context-sensitivity
- Ability to work as part of a team, to focus under pressure, and to work on tight timelines
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken) is mandatory
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Advisor in SPI). Deadline for receiving applications is 10th of March 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit / temporary protection and residing in Türkiye will be considered. ATTENTION: PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN GIZ CV FORMAT PROVIDED BELOW. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.