Stafimy.com is a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021 and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021 and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per the Law No. 4904
AAR Japan is looking for Project Officer who will be positioned in İstanbul, Turkey.
The job holder will be responsible for remotely overseeing the cross-border projects under the supervision of the Head of Office. In liaise with the implementation partner, s/he will be expected to monitor the implementation of the project activities carried out by the implementation partner in accordance with the agreed MEAL framework and other verification tools. In order to ensure the planned activities are on the right track within a stipulated time, s/he will examine the monthly report from the implementing partner and will convene monthly meetings with the implementation partner. The Project Officer drives efficiently across its operations with the coordination of clusters and supports the project implementation by MEAL activities and reports Head of Office by narrative reports on monthly progress, resource usage, and performance of objective.
• Closely work with the implementation partner working on emergency assistance
• Assist Head of Office in managing projects in the areas of food distribution, agricultural assistance victim assistance or WASH to accomplish project objectives, ensuring that the projects are implemented in accordance with the planned schedule, budget, and expected quality
• Assist Head of Office in project-related data management including need assessments and monitoring results by designing, tabulating, and updating in various formats or questionnaires as well as analyzing data
• Support Head of Office to perform data analysis on the information received from field activities, carried out by the implementing organization
• Liaise and coordinate with other partner organizations in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the project ensuring smooth communication and transparency of the project
• Create internal and external reports on project activities and outcome
• Translation of project documents between Arabic and English
• Participation of cluster and sub-cluster coordination meetings on a regular basis
• Report 4Ws and other required information to cluster and sub-cluster on a monthly basis
· Bachelor’s degree in a related educational background
· Above 5 years of experience in the field of Project
· Implementation in a relevant area in complex emergency contexts
· Fluency in English and Arabic
· Strong communication skills in writing and speaking
· Experience planning and organization skills
· Excellent PC literacy including MS office programs and Kobo, and other tools
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners
· Experience of taking initiative and being proactive
· Excellent personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Willingness to travel and work in difficult environment
· Turkish Citizenship
· Fluency in Turkish
How to apply;
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to Recruitment@aarturkey.org indicating the code number which is AT-PO-2022 in the subject line after filling the application form on:
by the 25th of November 2022.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.
Please make sure that special categories of personal data (i.e. race, ethnicity, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion, sect or other beliefs, clothes and appearances, association, foundation or union membership, health data, sexual life, convictions, and safety precautions, biometric and genetic data) are not included in your transmitted CV. Please do not include personal data that you would not prefer to be processed in your curriculum vitae.
With your application to this announcement, you agree that all your personal data in your resume will be shared with and processed by AAR Japan according to the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698
* In case your job application is successful, information and document indicating your criminal record and health report will be requested.