Stafimy.com operates under the SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti. as a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of the Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021, and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021, and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per Law No. 4904.
This role will be responsible for warehouse and distribution staffing structures, and management of warehouse and distribution staff (both national and international). This role will support the Senior Supply Chain Manager and Response Team Leader on best practise in warehousing and distribution functions, and will support strategic planning, proposal development and warehousing and distribution planning processes. The role may include remote management, management of multiple field based stores and fleet and support to partners.
The post-holder will be responsible for capturing and reporting lessons learned/best practise and successes from each assignment and reporting to the Senior supply chain manager to help improve future practice.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Good prior NGO experience in warehousing and distribution systems, processes and management, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments
- Substantial experience in warehousing and distribution operations
- Experience of developing / implementing warehousing and distribution strategies, and plans, and setting up large scale warehousing operations to support multi sectoral programmes, and ensuring appropriate resourcing for the supply chain
- Proven track-record in warehousing and distribution functions, managing other junior warehouse and distribution staff, and providing training and capacity building
- Ability to synthesise and analyse complex information, and make clear, informed decisions/recommendations
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with warehousing and distribution aspects of a programme, including demand and storage planning, support the development of warehousing and distribution staffing structures, and budgeting
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English and Turkish, with experience in working with multicultural teams
- Formal management training
Position holder will be based in Hatay, therefore legal right to work in Türkiye is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.