Stafimy.com is a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021 and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021 and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per the Law No. 4904
Duration: as soon as possible – 31.08.2023
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3,5 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Livelihoods Advisor on a full-time contract to support the ILRS3 Project in Gaziantep.
The Livelihoods Advisor’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Supports the roll out of market analyses and private business assessments to identify target groups and implementation locations, and to evaluate options for modes of delivery, by factoring in risks and proposed mitigation mechanisms.
- Supports implementation partners to formulate, design, implement and manage livelihoods an SME support measures supported by ILRS in alignment with the program’s operational strategy
- Manages, coordinate and monitors livelihood project measures along with continuous follow up on the implementation partners’ progress
- Reviews and advises program documents and strategies on livelihood interventions
- Draft technical inputs to concept notes and proposals in line with program’s livelihoods and business-support approach
- Contribute to program management support processes – including partnership selection process, reporting and monitoring
- Prepares work package requests for the program’s Third-Party Monitoring
- Supports development of workplans and results frameworks
- Contributes to the organisation and documentation of capacity building measures for implementation partners
- Organizes and facilitates partner meetings and other activities
- Assists national and international consultants to carry out their assignments related to livelihood measures and activities
- Identifies needs of the ILRS target groups and brings it to the attention of the program manager/officer responsible for the commission
- Liaises with other programs of the GIZ Syria portfolio on livelihoods and SME-related topics
- Builds and maintains alliances and strategic partnerships with key actors (UN agencies, INGOs, Syrian NGOs, clusters) to ensure smooth implementation
- Participates in the Early Recovery and Livelihoods Cluster and relevant working groups
Program management tasks
- Contributes to operational planning and cash flow management monitoring
- Assists the program manager/officer responsible for the commission with organisational and management issues if requested
- Collects, processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between key stakeholders
- Identifies and disseminates lessons learnt and good practices on livelihoods and private sector interventions in Northwest Syria
Other duties/additional tasks
- The Advisor performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Completed higher university degree in economics, business administration, social science or any other study related to livelihoods and business support or equivalent several years in professional experience with an NGO or international organization
- 5 years of professional experience in a position related to livelihoods and SME support
- Excellent working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Data presentation, visualization and narrative reporting skills are an asset.
- Familiarity with community-driven development, conflict sensitivity, resilience and do-no-harm is an additional asset.
- Knowledge on mainstreaming gender into programming is an asset.
- Knowledge on expenditure monitoring and project management is an asset.
- Solution-oriented, independent, structured, reliable, and thorough way of working, recognizable organizational skills, service-orientation and openness to new tasks, coupled with a high level of frustration tolerance
- High level of social competence as well as strong team skills to work in an intercultural team
- Respect for and contribution to a work environment free of harassment and discrimination
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and to make quick and practical decisions
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team, being able to cope effectively with the situation that PM and team are not in his/her work location
- Pro-active and detail-oriented approach to completing tasks, strong ability of self-organization
- Fluency in English and Arabic language is a must
- Outstanding verbal and very good written communications skills as well as the ability to present
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com, (max.3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Livelihoods Advisor for ILRS III). Deadline for receiving applications is 13th of January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit / temporary protection and residing in Türkiye will be considered. ATTENTION: PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN GIZ CV FORMAT PROVIDED BELOW. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.