Stafimy.com operates under the SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti. as a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of the Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021, and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021, and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per Law No. 4904.
Safety & Security Assistants will assist the SSC and Area management in reducing the risks posed to the programme personnel and assets of all national, international SC staff through ensuring the systematic application of safety and security management systems, policies and procedures in all of SCI operational areas. Conduct security assessments; provide/support training and orientation for staff, main incident reports and security updates, provide direct safety and security management support in emergency response staff and respond to related inquiries. Support on the capability of networking with other humanitarian NGOs as well as field community leaders to facilitate and secure SCI’s field missions and operations.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- 1-2 years’ experience and at least 2 years’ field based SSFP/Security Management experience in highly complex and insecure settings.
- Field Experience of Managing Security in insecure area or humanitarian emergency Crisis.
- A commitment to working constructively with members of other teams and a service-oriented attitude.
- Understands the complexity and values of non-profit organizations.
Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Office, GIS, Email, Internet)
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of political and security situation within the areas of implementation.
- Report Writing and communication Skill In English.
- Training Delivery Skill.
- Military background is a plus.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
Position holders will be based in Hatay or Gaziantep, therefore legal right to work in Türkiye is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.