Stafimy.com operates under the SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti. as a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of the Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021, and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021, and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per Law No. 4904.
As a member of the Programme Department, the Education in Emergencies (EiE) Programme Officer in his/her capacity is responsible for management of the project/s in thematic area under his/her responsibility, in close cooperation with Programme Manager and Programme Coordinator, as well as Child Protection team, and it that respect design project and develop detailed implementation plan for project he/she is responsible for, serves as the budget holder for respective project lines (forecasting and monitoring), responsible for achieving operational objectives per plans, contribute to development of Education programme, contribute in development of grant proposals, ensure that project deliverables he/she is responsible for are submitted on time to all stakeholders, visit project areas and partners regularly to check quality of their performance, manage procurements. Also he/she is responsible for emergency readiness and disaster risk reduction.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• University degree in relevant field
• Recommended a minimum of 1-3 years of project implementation experience of both programmes and personnel in an NGO environment, preferably in running both emergency and development programs
• A good understanding of Education programme and a working knowledge of the program priorities of the Country Office, overall education system in Türkiye
• Experience and/or understanding of NGO project cycle management
• Experience in fundraising and networking with donors as well as knowledge of donor priorities in Türkiye Earthquake Response
• Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from institutional donors
• Solid project management skills with a proven history of delivering results
• Ability to analyse information and evaluate options
• An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Working-level knowledge in Arabic or Kurdish is an asset
• Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Position holders will be based in Kahramanmaraş or Adıyaman, therefore legal right to work in Türkiye is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.