Stafimy.com is a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021 and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021 and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per the Law No. 4904
Duration: as soon as possible – 31.12.2023
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3.6 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Project Assistant on a full-time contract to support the MRV Project in Ankara.
The Project Assistant’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Supporting the project team, project-related experts and the related department of T.R. Ministry of Environment, Urbanisation and Climate Change (MoEUCC) concerning the project in carrying out project activities
- Carrying out specific research tasks which are required for the implementation of the project
- Carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project
- Supporting in drafting reports, analyses, presentations and other written documentation about the project activities
- Supporting the project team in implementing networking events, seminars and panels
- Translating project-related documents (to and from English/Turkish)
- Working at the premises of MoEUCC (including Climate Change Presidency premises) for 4 days and 1 day at GIZ (this may change depending on the necessity)
Coordination and communication
The Project Assistant
- Assists with the planning, coordinating and documenting meetings (Minutes of Meetings), workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on administrative aspects
- Is responsible for the project website’s control panel and producing related content.
- Ensures the integrity and quality of communication between the project team, MoEUCC and other beneficiaries
- Supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results
- Assists with recording and documenting the results of all activities
- Prepares reports, presentations and analyses about project progress and other issues as requested
The Project Assistant
- In consultation with the team prepares and carries out qualitative research projects, desktop studies and general provision of background material for the project
The Project Assistant
- Assists in communicating, updating, and collecting information on all project-related issues
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the project management and related department of the MoEUCC
C. Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- University degree in a related area such as environmental or chemical engineering fields Excellent verbal and written communications skills both in Turkish and English (preferably level 4 high intermediate)
- Demonstrated experience at least in one international project in the Environmental Sector at least for 1 year
- Knowledge of general office and administrative policies, processes and procedures; preferably familiarity with procedures and systems of GIZ
- Client orientation and ability to work under pressure when required
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity; proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with officials and partners at all levels
- Good organizational and planning skills and ability to use time efficiently
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solid computer skills, full proficiency in MS office applications (especially Outlook); knowledge of other IT applications an advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Turkish
- Dynamic personality with a dedicated focus on the delivery of quality services even under tight timelines
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format ( GIZ Turkey – CV Template ) and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Project Assistant MRV). Deadline for receiving applications is 22nd of November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit / temporary protection and residing in Türkiye will be considered.