Stafimy.com is a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021 and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021 and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per the Law No. 4904
Duration: 01.01.2023 – 31.12.2023 with the possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Türkiye dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Türkiye signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Türkiye’s efforts to host approx. 3.6 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Junior Finance and Contract Management Specialist on a full-time contract to support the CLIP 2 Project in Ankara.
The Junior Finance and Contract Management Specialist’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Prepares requests for payments, tender table, purchase request forms when needed and fol-lows up on those
- Holder of cash box and office safe
- Maintains an inventory for the office
- Manages the financial planning, monitoring, and accounting under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Finance and Administrative Manager and team
- Follows and documents the cash book and bank book with regards of expenditures of the project and effectively contributes to the management of the project in accordance with PuR
- Ensures that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures including contract preparation and content of counselling projects funded
- Effectively contributes to the management of the project finance and bookkeeping procedures in accordance with GIZ standard procedures and tools (OnSite Operations & OnSite Report)
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BA in business administration, accounting or equivalent.
- at least 4 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- excellent knowledge of funding, contracting, finance, accounting and procurement procedures
- documented training or many years of work experience as a financial expert
- experience with international donors, knowledge of GIZ methods desirable
- able to communicate effectively in English and Turkish, knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Good management, time management and organisational skills
- Dynamic personality with a dedicated focus on the delivery of quality services even under tight timelines,
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work creatively, proactively and innovatively with limited direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience and high frustration tolerance
- Prepared to travel extensively all over Türkiye
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Jr FCM Specialist in CLIP 2). Deadline for receiving applications is 2nd of October 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.