Stafimy.com is a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021 and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021 and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per the Law No. 4904
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Türkiye dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Türkiye signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Türkiye’s efforts to host approx. 3.6 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Office Manager on a full-time contract to support the MHPSS Project in İstanbul.
The Office Manager’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- To follow up the needs of the Ankara/İstanbul Office, to do a market search in Istanbul, to coordinate the purchase of the needs with Ankara office, and to do the quality-check of the purchased materials
- To coordinate the regular cleaning and order of the İstanbul Office
- Ensuring good and timely communication flow within the office
- Coordinate communications with relevant units of TAU (security, cargo, building management, and informing about the visitors coming to the Office etc.)
- The daily operational performance of logistical tasks and liaising with the Finance and Accounting Department for the documentation of the payments of related logistical activities (tickets, cargo, travel reimbursement/claims etc.)
- Communication with external consultants and companies to organize relevant support services, e.g. translation, catering, logistics
- To support the arrangement of transportation
- Organizing conferences and meetings by liaising with other departments/actors or hotels
- Prepares and organizes internal meetings
- Accompanies other team members to meetings if necessary
- Performs necessary office management tasks like running errands and following up on documentation
- Supports with the translation when required
- Prepares routine correspondence requested by the team leader
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the team leader
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At least 2 years of proven professional experience in logistics management (e.g. travel arrangement, search for offers and best prices, booking of meeting facilities and equipment, booking of accommodation, catering and technical support to the organisation, logistic accompaniment of events and proper documentation of events)
- In-depth knowledge of the travel, office management, and events service industries
- Outstanding verbal and very good written communication skills and ability to master different communication techniques according to various stakeholders
- Excellent organization skills, team player, self-motivated, strong client orientation
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics, integrity, and confidentiality
- Knowledge of regulations on data protection and information security
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment (takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and the organization, proposes a course of action – makes recommendations based on all available information)
- Self-initiative, strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills and flexibility
- Very good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Turkish native speaker. Fluent in English. Knowledge of German is an asset
- Dynamic personality with a dedicated focus on the delivery of quality services even under tight timelines
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work creatively, proactively, and innovatively
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Office Manager MHPSS). Deadline for receiving applications is 2nd of February 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence/working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered. ATTENTION: PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN GIZ CV FORMAT PROVIDED BELOW. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.