Stafimy.com is a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021 and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021 and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per the Law No. 4904
Duration: 1 year with the possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3.6 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Finance Manager on a full-time contract to support the USZS Project in Gaziantep.
The Finance Manager’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Participate in the commercial set-up of new and follow-on projects together with the officer responsible for the commission, Head Office and the field structure
- Support the officer responsible for the commission in managing commercial aspects of the commission together with the relevant country office, the regional department, the Financial Management Advisory Services Division, the Financial Services Division and ELVIS, above all
- cash management and monitoring
- monitoring of the commission value and commitment authorisation, costs, residual funds and current contracts
- commitment management
- receivables management
- preparation of the final invoice
- Support with advising the project on commercial issues
- Managing external/ internal audits and internal controls and monitoring the implementation of IC findings and action taken to address objections raised in audit reports
- Ensure reporting in accordance with the allocation of costs to outputs (KOMP)
- Ensuring that an adequate internal control system is in place (separation of functions, cross-check principle, observation of the Code of Conduct and of procurement rules) together with the officer responsible for the commission
- Involvement in the coordination of the project infrastructure (facility management, logistics, fleet management, IT services, etc.) in consultation with the line manager and the responsible country office
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, accounting, business administration or in a similar area
- At least 7 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Native in Turkish, very good in English, knowledge of Arabic and/or German as an asset
- In depth knowledge of accounting softwares (Winpaccs, SAP)
- Confidential handling of data and information
- Advanced working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office package) required
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense for political sensitivities
- Strong organizational skills and experience in administration
- Dynamic personality with a dedicated focus on the delivery of quality services even under tight deadlines, self-motivated with proven ability to work creatively, proactively and innovatively with limited direct supervision
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle stressful situation appropriately
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Finance Manager USZS). Deadline for receiving applications is 15th of November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit / temporary protection and residing in Türkiye will be considered.