Stafimy.com is a registered Private Employment Office with the certificate no. 1310 as per the decision of Turkish Employment Agency dated November 24, 2021 and numbered 10150899 for the period between November 29, 2021 and November 28, 2024. Within this context, no fee shall be received from the job seekers and no advantage shall be afforded as per the Law No. 4904
Duration: as soon as possible – 31.12.2023
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3.6 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Executive Assistant on a full-time contract to support the office in Gaziantep.
The Executive Assistant’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Supports the work of the Head of Portfolio by undertaking a variety of administrative and organizational tasks
- Keeping the HoP’s agenda and providing administrative and documentation support in preparing appointments, meetings, and business trips
- Maintaining the Head of Portfolio’s (HoP) calendar and scheduling appointments. Modifying appointments as requested (frequently at last minute). Determining which commitments can be accommodated taking into account the HoP’s existing schedule and possible overlaps
- Keeping overview over correspondence and ensuring the smooth flow of communication for the HoP
- Coordinating general queries and requests for information and documentation whilst exercising tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Disseminating information to the relevant people in the portfolio and keeping track of the information demanded and collected
- Monitoring deadlines for completion of requested tasks and drawing the HoP’s attention to pending deadlines
- Translate routine correspondence from Turkish to English/German
- Respond to or prepare moderately complex routine correspondence and other communications in English, German and Turkish, as appropriate
- Review and proofread documents submitted for the HoP for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style and for adherence to established standards of format
- Ensuring all travel planning and administrative follow-up for the HoP (travel requests, travel arrangements including transport, accommodation and visa formalities, reimbursements, etc.) in cooperation with the Country Office
- Management of the Meeting Rooms in cooperation with Support Staff
- Prepare relevant background material and documents for meetings and conferences in which the HoP is involved and communicate/information to appropriate participants (GIZ personnel and outside officials). Receive and liaise with participants of meetings in which the HoP is involved
- Coordinating portfolio-wide events (all-staff meetings, workshops etc.) in Gaziantep and other locations with the Support Staff
- Performing other administrative and organizational task which might arise ad-hoc upon request of the HoP
- Coordinating extensively with concerned portfolio staff and outside officials with regard to all of the above duties
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in an administrative or related position, preferably in an international environment, including experience in a similar role and/or similar institution
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, anticipate problems and develop alternative solutions, exercises excellent judgment and discretion
- Knowledge of general office and administrative policies, processes and procedures; preferably familiarity with procedures and systems of GIZ
- Client orientation and ability to work under pressure when required
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity; proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with officials and partners at all levels
- Good organizational and planning skills and ability to use time efficiently
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solid computer skills, full proficiency in MS office applications (especially Outlook); knowledge of other IT applications an advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, German and Turkish
- Dynamic personality with a dedicated focus on the delivery of quality services even under tight timelines
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Executive Assistant in Gaziantep). Deadline for receiving applications is 15th of November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit / temporary protection and residing in Türkiye will be considered.